Scrapyard Climbing Collective is committed to the idea that we are better together and that rock climbing has a uniquely engaging power to draw people together and bring out the best in them. We have a collective passion for community and group development, building excellent climbing experiences, teaching and leading individuals and groups. We believe that rock climbing has the power to change the way people interact and view the world.
It is our goal that this place will represent the diverse Holland community and provide a place for belonging and connection based on shared experience and mutual support. It is our hope that this place will help change the shape and scope of the world one climber at a time.
Scrapyard Climbing Collective staff are our first point of contact for customers. Welcoming and friendly staff help extend our vision and support every member of our community – from beginning to experienced climbers. Our ideal candidate is kind, respectful, energetic and interested in supporting the encouraging and welcoming community we call home. Our goal is to help climbers feel respected, valued and invested as a part of our community, no matter their ability level or prior climbing experience.
• assist with front desk duties; new customers, sales, member check-in
• instruct new climbers in gym orientation, introductory lessons, including belay method, gym safety, knot tying
• maintain gym cleanliness
• assist active gym climbers in continuing safe practices and techniques
• provide intentionally good customer service to everyone who enters our community
• part-time or full-time, semester or year-round position
• available to work evening and weekend shifts
• prior roped climbing experience (indoor or out) preferred
• experience with sport lead climbing a plus
• prior experience in customer service preferred
• free rock climbing
• 1 free guest pass per day
• training in belay technique, safety clinics, gear and equipment
• apparel + gear discounts
Scrapyard Climbing Collective is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to be an inclusive and welcoming community for all. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status or any other basis protected by state, federal or other applicable law in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of climbers in all of our programs. We hold all staff, regardless of position, to the highest possible standards.