Scrapyard Climbing Collective is committed to the idea that we are better together and that rock climbing has a uniquely engaging power to draw people together and bring out the best in them. We have a collective passion for community and group development, building excellent climbing experiences, teaching and leading individuals and groups. We believe that rock climbing has the power to change the way people interact and view the world.
It is our goal that this place will represent the diverse Holland community and provide a place for belonging and connection based on shared experience and mutual support. It is our hope that this place will help change the shape and scope of the world one climber at a time.
Scrapyard Climbing Collective staff are our first point of contact for customers. Welcoming and friendly staff help extend our vision and support every member of our community – from beginning to experienced climbers. Our ideal candidate is kind, respectful, energetic and interested in supporting the encouraging and welcoming community we call home. Our goal is to help climbers feel respected, valued and invested as a part of our community, no matter their ability level or prior climbing experience.
Summer Camp Instructor
Rock Climbing and Urban Adventure Day Camp
Spend your day teaching rock climbing, games and a variety of outdoor adventures with kids ages 7-13. Adventures will include rock climbing, rappelling, paddling, day hiking and a bunch of outdoor games and activities.
- Monday, June 14 – Friday, June 18
- Monday, June 21 – Friday, June 25
- Monday, July 12 – Friday, July 16
- Monday, July 19 – Friday, July 23
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm; Friday 9am-noon
- Applicants must be age 18 or older.
- Experience with the activities listed above. We recognize not everyone will have experience in all activities and training is provided.
- Top Rope Belay certification at Scrapyard or another climbing gym
- Previous experience and a desire/willingness to work with kids (ages 7-13)
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Full-day Summer Camp Training on June 11
- Starting pay is $350/week
- Free rock climbing during June and July
- Learn how to set-up and run various adventure activities
- Great professional and skill development experience
Climbing Wall Staff
• assist with front desk duties; new customers, sales, member check-in
• instruct new climbers in gym orientation, introductory lessons, including belay method, gym safety, knot tying
• maintain gym cleanliness
• assist active gym climbers in continuing safe practices and techniques
• provide intentionally good customer service to everyone who enters our community
• part-time or full-time, semester or year-round position
• available to work evening and weekend shifts
• prior roped climbing experience (indoor or out) preferred
• experience with sport lead climbing a plus
• prior experience in customer service preferred
• free rock climbing
• training in belay technique, safety clinics, gear and equipment
• apparel + gear discounts
Scrapyard Climbing Collective is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to be an inclusive and welcoming community for all. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status or any other basis protected by state, federal or other applicable law in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of climbers in all of our programs. We hold all staff, regardless of position, to the highest possible standards.